According to the Nikon homepage, the Nikon Ambassadors are “some of the most talented and influential visual artists working in the business today. These gifted, spirited storytellers go above and beyond most, and are admired for their passion, energy and commitment to their craft. Their investment in, and trust, of the Nikon brand are cornerstones to their image making abilities.”
In this exclusive interview with Shotkit, I was lucky enough to talk with one of the youngest members of the Nikon Ambassadors, Dixie Dixon, a fashion and lifestyle photographer from Dallas, Texas. Listening to Dixie, it’s easy to forget that this cute, bubbly and modest young lady is one of only twenty photographers in the world considered good enough to represent Nikon. She’s the first to admit that she’s still a junior in the ranks, surrounded by master photographers with years of experience, but judging by her work and enthusiasm, it’s no doubt only a matter of time before her name is recognised worldwide.
Since I’m based in Australia (which seems to have some of the poorest Internet speeds of any developed country!), I’m afraid video conferencing isn’t the best quality, but be sure to hang around to the end of the interview. Dixie reveals several interesting tips, and gives her frank views on the Nikon products she uses every day.
More interviews coming soon to Shotkit. If you enjoyed this, remember to Like, Share, Tweet and leave a comment ;-)
– How are you diversifying from fashion photography this year?
– How did you get into fashion photography?
– What were you doing (photography related) before fashion photography?
– How did you become a Nikon Ambassador?
– What does being a Nikon Ambassador entail?
– What are your views on your main camera, the Nikon D4S?
– How does the Nikon D4S compare to the Nikon D3S?
– What other cameras do you use?
– Do you shoot film?
– What gear would you take to a shoot?
– How would you shoot the Nikon 200mm f/2G?
– How did you shoot the helicopter shot on your homepage?
– What equipment do you use for your lens flare shots?
– How do you create your lens flares indoors with strobes and outdoors with natural light?
– How do you find the Nikon D4S and Nikon D3S ‘s dynamic range?
– What tips can you share with us?
– How do you meter?
– How do you use a light meter?
– How do you backup?
– Any tips for aspiring photographers?
[ Open in New Tab: Discover the best travel tips for your next photography trip!]