Which Free Video Editing Software Is Best for Beginners?
You don't need to buy premium video editing software in order to create simple movies. Learn how to download a popular free editing app in this guide.
For many creatives and content creators, good video editing software is indispensable. The issue here is that not all video editing apps out there are suitable for newbies.
So, which free video editing software is best for beginners?
If you’re just starting your video editing journey, PowerDirector Essential is one of the best, and you can download it for free!
Related: How Do I Edit a Video on My iPhone for Free?
What Features Do You Get With PowerDirector?
PowerDirector boasts intuitive, fast, and AI-powered features. It’s designed for both casual and professional video editing projects.
The software includes all basic video editing tools, like trimming, splitting, merging, and overlaying elements. Plus, you can also use it to tweak the contrast, brightness, saturation, and hue of your videos.
There are many free templates and effects that you can use in your projects, so you don’t have to worry about beautifying your videos.
You can mix audio elements into your videos, like music, voice-overs, and special sounds. Thankfully, a number of transitions, special effects, and text overlays are in the free package as well.
PowerDirector is available for Mac, Windows and as an Android app for Chromebook too.
Is It User-Friendly?
One of the best aspects of PowerDirector is how its interface allows you to create high-quality videos, slideshows, and presentations with simple drag-and-drop mechanics.
It’s user-friendly, with straightforward menus and tools. So, even if you’re not familiar with video editing at all, you can learn and pick up the editing basics with ease!
Do You Need to Pay for It?
You can download the PowerDirector Essential Android and PC versions for free and enjoy them forever.
However, they also offer premium content that you can pay to access with monthly, yearly, or lifetime licenses.
That said, if you’re still a beginner, you might want to start with the free version before making your way up to premium software.
Who Uses PowerDirector?
Don’t let the ease of use fool you; PowerDirector is still popular among professionals. In fact, it’s won many Editors’ Choice awards for its excellent features and consumer usability.
With over 100 million downloads in the Google Play store, the Android version and the PC version of PowerDirector are the best free video editing software for you.
What are Some Other Free Video Editing Apps?
There are many popular free video editing apps that you can use to create and edit video content.
Some of the most popular free apps in 2023 include:
- Lightworks: Lightworks is a professional-grade video editing software that is available for free, with optional paid upgrades. It features a wide range of advanced editing tools and supports a variety of file formats.
- Shotcut: Shotcut is a cross-platform video editor that is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It has a simple, user-friendly interface and includes a wide range of advanced features, including support for 4K resolution, audio mixing, and color grading.
- Avidemux: Avidemux is a free, open-source video editor that is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It has a simple interface and includes basic editing tools, such as trimming, cutting, and merging clips.
- DaVinci Resolve: DaVinci Resolve is a professional-grade video editing software that is available for free, with optional paid upgrades. It includes a wide range of advanced features, including support for 4K resolution, audio mixing, and color grading.
- iMovie: iMovie is a free video editing app that is available for macOS and iOS. It has a user-friendly interface and includes a wide range of basic and advanced editing tools, such as video and audio effects, transitions, and support for 4K resolution.
You should also check out the best video editing software apps for Mac OS.
So, what is the easiest video editing software out there? Everyone you ask will give you a different answer.
However, we think PowerDirector might be just what you’re looking for. Thanks to its user-friendly features, it’s one of the best free video editing software you can start using as a newbie.
Try it out and start your creative journey today!
Check out these 8 essential tools to help you succeed as a professional photographer.
Includes limited-time discounts.
Leave a Comment