Are you wondering how to look good on Zoom? Don’t worry – you’re not the only one!
Video conferencing has become part of our daily life, and we must make a good impression. So, here are some tips that you can use to look good during your next Zoom meeting.
- Before you go into the meeting, turn on the webcam or laptop camera to check how you look on camera – not just in the mirror.
- Add an external light source that’s soft to avoid any unflattering shadows on your face. Otherwise, sit close to your window if the sun isn’t very harsh.
- Enable the ‘Touch up my appearance’ feature. This works like the Beautify filter on camera phones – it smooths the skin and brightens your face.
- Don’t sit too close to the laptop if you’re using the built-in camera because they usually have a wide-angle lens that can distort your features – this is one of the disadvantages of a webcam.
- Invest in a good webcam for Zoom. If it’s within your means, get an external webcam. This allows you to position the camera at a more flattering angle, and they usually have better light sensitivity and image quality.
- Find the best angle for your camera. Use another program like Photo Booth to turn on the camera and see which angle is the most flattering.
- Avoid busy patterns on your clothing because they can be distracting.
- Use clothing with flattering colors.
- Consider how your clothes look when you’re sitting. Keep in mind that certain outfits can create awkward-looking creases when you sit down, so favor soft fabrics and simple cuts that look natural on you.
- Find a dedicated space with a neutral background, good lighting, and a chair that allows you to have a good posture.
- Check our guide on: What should you not do on Zoom?
Now that you know these tips, you don’t have to worry about how to look good on Zoom the next time they ask you to meet – simply focus on your work, and you’ll do great!