Here’s Why One Photographer Loves the Sony A7IV
In this YouTube video, commercial photographer Benj Haisch covers his reasons for being a major fan of using his Sony Alpha 7 IV mirrorless camera. He also covers why he uses it more than any other model for the majority of his work.
Sony’s Alpha cameras are widely respected for the quality and versatility of their output, be it in video or photo format.
The A7IV is one of Sony’s latest models in this broader full-frame mirrorless lineup and has a wide reputation for specific quality.
Through its diverse specs, it satisfies the requirements of photographers and video creators with aplomb, but without taking things to the extremes that come with ultra-expensive cameras for both kinds of work.
Haisch’s video review of why he loves his A7IV so much goes over many of the specs that he thinks make the camera so great at its price for commercial work and other types of projects. He also summarizes a list of reasons why it’s the camera he recently uses more than any other:
- Video and photo-friendly features of the A7IV that the photographer describes as useful include:
- Its wonderfully crisp full-frame 33MP back-lit sensor
- A whopping 828-image buffer capacity
- Video recording in 4K at 30p resolution using the whole sensor
- The ability to capture 4K at 60p in Super 35 mode
- 15 stops of dynamic range and 10-bit 4:2:2 color with S-Cinetone and S-Log3
- In-body image stabilization with 5.5 stops of compensation
- A superb AF with Real-time object tracking and focus on human and animal eyes for video and photos both
- Touchscreen and improved menu for easy option manipulation
- An ultra-crisp 3.69-million dot EVF.
Sony’s even newer, pricier A7V successor to the A7IV offers further features and a wholly new, improved AF technology, but comes at a higher cost. The A7IV nonetheless still holds its own superbly at a lower price, and Benj Haisch does a well-saummarized job of explaining why.