Do you have a passion for Photography & love Camera Gear?
If you’re interested in the gear behind the photo as much as capturing the photo itself, then you’re in the right place!
Shotkit is all about inspiring, teaching and supporting photographers from around the world to become better at their art and in their business.
The story behind Shotkit
My name’s Mark and I’m the founder of Shotkit. I’m a British wedding photographer living in Sydney.
When I first got into photography, I was eager to find out what camera gear my favourite photographers were using.
The problem was, I couldn’t find any good information online about what camera gear photographers were using. It seemed to be a bit of a taboo subject, or maybe it was just something no one had ever really asked.
I knew if I emailed my favourite photographers and asked them what camera gear they used and why, they probably wouldn’t reply.
I also knew that I probably wasn’t the only photography enthusiast who wanted to take a peek into other photographers’ camera bags. (Read more about the launch here.)
In 2014 I created Shotkit, to uncover the camera gear of the world’s best photographers and share their work with the world.
A few years later and here we are. Over 10,000 visits per day from all over the world and a thriving online community of photograpy and camera gear lovers.
I’m proud of what Shotkit has become, and am happy you have come to join us here.
What do you need help with?
Most new visitors to Shotkit come with an interest to take a peek into other photographers’ camera bags, but also with one of a few common needs or challenges.
Here are some popular resources to start you off:
- How to build a photography site – every photographer should have their own website. This guide shows you how in just 3 steps.
- Free photography books – a list of over 50 great photography ebooks for you to download for free.
- How to Book More Weddings – one for all you guys who love wedding photography.
- The Best Cameras under $200 – yes, they do exist!
- How to Sell your Photos – make some money on the side.
- The Best Travel Tripods – traveling with your tripod? Make sure it’s one of these.
- Mirrorless vs dSLR – let’s put the debate to rest with this ultimate guide.
- The Best Rolling Camera Bags – camera bag too heavy? You need to get rolling!
- Best Mirrorless Cameras – like it or not, mirrorless cameras are taking over!
- Best Camera Straps – find out why I have 5 of them…
- The best cameras under $500 – not all the camera gear on Shotkit is aimed at pros. Here’s a list of great cameras that won’t break the bank.
- The Shotkit Newsletter – much more than just updates. I put together a selection of recommended things I use that will help you. I get replies all the time saying how useful it is :-)
- Win camera gear – there’s a great Shotkit giveaway once a month, and entry is always free.
- Discover more camera gear – the Shotkit Book features photographers not shown on Shotkit, plus 3 bonus videos. It’s our most popular product – highly recommended!
- Improve your Lightroom skills – every photographer should be using Lightroom. This popular Shotkit ebook will teach you some great tips and tricks.
- The most popular camera gear for wedding photographers – even if you don’t shoot weddings, this post is an interesting look on what camera gear is being used by pros around the world.
- How to start an online business – the recommended tools I use to run Shotkit and my own photography business.
- The Best Photography books – you need these on your bookshelf
- Gifts for photographers – are they still called gifts if you buy them for yourself?! A big list of unorthodox but useful ‘gifts’.
- Fuji X Mount Lenses – with mirrorless cameras fast gaining popularity, this is one of the most popular blog posts on Shotkit.
Bonus Shotkit Content
If you’d like to receive exclusive tips, offers and updates direct to your inbox: Click here to sign up to the free Shotkit newsletter.
You’ll get immediate access to a hidden section of the site, packed full of photography and camera gear related goodies.
You should also click here to join the Shotkit Community on Facebook where we discuss photography and gear.
I hope you’ll find Shotkit a useful resource for your photography and look forward to hearing from you.