Hello! My name is Franck Boutonnet. I have been a documentary wedding photographer for 15 years based in France and a lucky father of a beautiful and amazing 6-year old girl who is my best and toughest critic.
I love shooting weddings and I am even more excited now than when I started. What drives me is the endless opportunities that a weddings give us to create unique imagery.
Since I travel a lot for my work and often in a plane, my bag is pretty small and I don’t use a lot of equipment (I think…).
My bag :
- Canon 5D Mark III: I only use one camera to be really light. But I might change this next year
- Canon 5D Mark I: this is my rescue camera that stays in my bag. The digital grain of the files is really close to the grain from films
- Canon 20mm f/2.8: this lens is not really sharp at f/2.8 but it helps me a lot when I need to grab the whole scene in front of me. I love taking complex compositions and sometimes I don’t have enough space to step back (for example for the getting ready moments)
- Sigma 24mm f/1.4: I use it a lot at any time of the day. I like the sharpness of it, but I encounter some issues with the AF
- Canon 35mm f/1.4: one of my favorite lenses ever. Really precise and sharp. It is a reliable lens
- Canon 50mm f/1.4: I almost don’t use it anymore, but I like the softness of it
- Canon 70-200mm USM II f/2.8: Also one of my favorite lenses. It allows me to work at any distance from my subject. The quality of the lens is amazing. The AF is really good. It is worth the weight
- Canon Speedlite 600EX RT: I use it only for the party. I love working with natural light
- Canon Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT: I use it mainly for the party but also for the couple portraits and the getting ready moments
- Lexar Professional 800x 32GB Compact Flash UDMA7 / Lexar Professional 400x 16GB Compact Flash UDMA / Sandisk Extreme III Compact Flash 8GB / Sandisk Extreme SD 16GB / Sandisk Ultra SD 16GB
- Hama Lens Pen
- Fairy tale LED lights (!!!!)
- Apple MacBook Pro 13″: actually this is the only computer I use, small, light, powerful. I bring it everywhere
- Scuadra TrueColors White Balance Card: since I work in Jpegs, I use it a lot to get exactly the white balance I want
- Kingston card reader
- iPhone 5s: I use it as a mirror for some shots
- HoldFast Money Maker: so useful. A relief for my shoulders, and a really cool look
- Manfrotto Monopod: I use this really light and small monopod that can fit into my photo bag. I use it for both the 70-200mm and to hold my LED
- Canon Remote Switch RS-80N3: Useful for long-time exposure, mainly at night for pictures of the venue or for some couple photos
- MagMod V2 Basic Kit MagGrip, MagGrid 2, & MagGel 2 Kit: really useful tool to easily control the light of the flash
- Joby Gorillapod: light, super useful to put my flash when I use it off-camera
- Kingbest LED Dorr VL-25: small, light. I use it for some of my couple photos and for the dinnertime for the speeches when the artificial lights are too difficult to handle and when I want a natural light on the faces of people
Inside Franck’s Camera bag:
You might also like ...
👋 Hi, I'm Mark! Improve your photography, get inspired & grow your business with the weekly Shotkit email from me :-)
🔎 Discover New Gear