Hi, everybody! My name is Javier Abad and I´m a Fuji wedding photographer from Spain. One of my main inspirations is the natural environment around my home in Asturias. I grew up in Asturias and never moved because I love to enjoy nature.
The mountains and snowboarding led me to discover my passion for photography, which led me to start traveling while working for different magazines as a snowboard photographer.
Five years ago I decided to make a change in my life and I jumped into wedding photography. Looking back I think it was one of the smartest decisions I ever took, because it has given me the opportunity to travel, meet wonderful people and enjoy with them one of the most important days of their lives.
This past season I decided to change my way of working and apply what I call “slow weddings”—trying enjoy the wedding more without rushing. One of the things that I decided to do was sell all my Nikon equipment and change to Fujifilm. All I can say is that I love it.
I like to travel light and have all I need for the wedding with me all time so this is my equipment:
– 2 Fujifilm X-T1: I love this camera because is small and light and its electronic viewfinder is amazing. One you get used to it you there is no turning back.
– Fujinon 23mm f/1.4 XF: 35mm equivalent. This lens is amazing because it’s sharp and lightweight, and the construction is bulletproof.
– Fujinon 35mm f/1.4 XF: 50 mm equivalent. This is my favourite lens because it is really small. I shoot mostly at f/1.4 and the results are perfect with all the photos in focus.
– Fujinon 56mm f/1.2 XF: 85mm equivalent. It’s amazing how this lens can focus at f/1.2 and the bokeh is really cool. Compact and light, this lens is a must.
– Fujinon 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R: When I go to the mountains and want to pack light I grab one X-T1 and this lens and for me is the perfect kit.
– Nissin i40 Flash: It’s a compact flash, so I use it mainly on-camera for the party.
– Yongnuo YN-560 III: I use this flash off-camara for the first dance and when it gets dark.
– Yongnuo RF-602 trigger: small and cheap and works perfect.
– Old Strap custom double leather strap in brown: These folks in Portugal make the best leather straps.
Inside Javier’s camera bag:
You might also like ...
👋 Hi, I'm Mark! Improve your photography, get inspired & grow your business with the weekly Shotkit email from me :-)
🔎 Discover New Gear