Hello! I’m Laurentiu Nica, a wedding photographer based in Romania. Ten years ago, I was a photojournalist working for local newspapers and national press agencies. At the time I hated weddings, but now I love them! Time and life can change your mind!
So, with my photojournalistic background behind me, I switched from news to weddings. In my style you can see a documentary approach, but also I like variety, so I like to experiment with reflections, various type of light and shadows, minimalistic photos, and others.
What’s in my bag:
– Nikon D800: the megapixel monster. The best thing about this camera is that I can crop a lot from my images. And a very good dynamic range.
– Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art: 70% from my pictures are shot with this magic lens. And I think I’m not the only one that can shoot an entire wedding only with that lens. It’s very nice because you can stay near people, in low-light, without distracting them. For my documentary style, it’s my favourite.
– Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art: one of the best 50mm lenses. I use it for portraits or for small groups.
– Sigma 85mm f/1.4 Art: before this lens, I tried G and D Nikon 85mm f/1.8’s, but I was not satisfied. After I switched to Sigma Art, I love to shoot portraits with the 85.
– Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 VC USD: sometimes I need an ultrawide lens, and 15mm is fantastic. I use it on the dancefloor, for people dancing, or when I want to show the entire space or environment.
– 3 x Yongnuo YN560-IV and YN560-TX, a manual flash controller: it was 4 flashes, but I dropped one on the floor. I use these off camera, on stands. They include a wireless function so I don’t need extra triggers. It’s the 4th year in use!
– I have two: maroon for one camera, and a new one, a green fashion style for two cameras, named Amulet Green – Pride Edition Limited from Genuine Strap Luxury Leather Artisan.
– Yongnuo YN360 Bi-Color: a 360 LED lamp, with adjustable color and brightness. Also, you can control it from an app on the phone.
– Godox LED36: a small and lightweight lamp that can mount on the hot shoe of the camera.
– Card Storage Case Holder Wallet 18slots for SDHC + 4 slots For CF. It’s a no-name brand, but it’s very useful.
– Viltrox 20-Color Photographic Color Gels Filter: useful for light correction or artistic effects.|
– Andoer Conical Flash Snoot Light Modifier with 50 Degree Honeycomb Color Filter: for artistic effects.
– Micnova Honeycomb Grid Softbox for Camera Flash: for artistic effects.
– EINGCA Clamp Tripod Ball Head + Hot Shoe Adapter: for off-camera flash.
Inside Laurentiu’s camera bag:
You might also like ...
👋 Hi, I'm Mark! Improve your photography, get inspired & grow your business with the weekly Shotkit email from me :-)
🔎 Discover New Gear