Hey there, i’m Lorenzo, i’m 27 and i’m a photographer and graphic designer based in Brescia (Northern Italy) but i often work abroad for clients in England, Germany, Austria, Sweden and United States.
I’ve started my career back in 2009 when i’ve founded my graphic design company. In the early days i focussed my business only on the graphic design area, specialising into services for djs, producers, events and booking agencies.
I’ve always been into photography because my father was a wildlife and nature photographer. I begun my digital journey with a Nikon d200 and a couple of Lenses, then i’ve decided that photography must be a part of my business so i bought myself a Nikon D700 and some pro lenses like the Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 and the Nikon 85mm f/1.8D. The business has been going good, and I’ve started to work with known djs and artists and keep in touch with famous labels and booking agencies. In the meanwhile i’ve moved from the Nikon D700 to the Nikon D4 and Nikon D800 to have more versatility in different lighting conditions.
Mostly my photography services are about portrait and commercial shoots, that can be useful for editorials, promotion, artworks and stuff like that. Right now i’ve decided to take the risk and move myself to the “next level” buying an Hasselblad H4d-40 that is really helping in setting me apart from other italian photographers. I love this kind of camera because it gives me that “painterly” look that i’m looking for my pictures.
So what you can find inside my bags (usually a HPRC 2550WF Wheeled Hard Case that fits in every airplane cabin):
– Hasselblad H4d-40 – amazing piece of equipement, the files are just perfect and i can sync the flash up to 1/800s which is amazing to me because i can underexpose the ambient light without any problems.
– Hasselblad 80mm f/2.8 – the standard lens, i use this one especially for potraits because it gives an amazing quality and shallow depth of field.
– Hasselblad 28mm f/4 – One of the best wide angle lens i’ve ever used. So sharp corner to corner even when wide open.
– Nikon D4 – this camera is a tank, I take it with me when I travel around (i love hiking). It can take snow, rain, mud and keep working flawlessly.
– Nikon D800E – is my backup camera in case something goes wrong with the Hasselblad.
– Nikon 16-35mm f/4 – My lens of choice when traveling, scouting or walking around.
– Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 – This lens is so versatile because of its focal length and aperture. I usually take it for general purpose, environmental portraits, etc.
– Nikon 85mm f/1.8D – One of the best portrait lens available for Nikon cameras. Shallow Depth of field, amazing colors and sharpness.
– Elinchrom Quadra RX – I love shooting portraits with artificial light and this is my choice. Durable, light and powerful enough to overpower the sun. It also takes standard elinchrom modifiers with is good because i’m always using an Elinchrom Rotalux Deep Octa 70 or the Elinchrom Octa 175 wich give me a wonderful soft-wrapping light (and a round catchlight in the subjects eyes as well)
– Nikon SB-910 – it’s my flashgun for general purpose photography or as a second flash unit when shooting with the ranger quadra.
– Lee filters + Filter holder – Since I like shooting wide open, I usually need ND filters to block some of the ambient light.
– Pocket Wizards – I use the TT5 system on my nikon to shoot using the hypersync mode (so i can sync my camera and flashes up to 1/2000 without loosing too much light. On my hasselblad i use the Plus II and Plus III triggers, they’re perfect, never missed a shot with them.
– Nikon FE – when i want to have fun shooting film and slides
Inside Lorenzo’s camera bag:
You might also like ...
👋 Hi, I'm Mark! Improve your photography, get inspired & grow your business with the weekly Shotkit email from me :-)
🔎 Discover New Gear