I am a landscape/travel photographer, photography educator and experience junkie based in Ashland, Oregon. I began working in photography full time in 2004 and before that I was a middle school science teacher.
I began taking photos in college to record and share my adventures rock climbing and mountaineering. Now I spend a lot of my time chasing light, sleeping in my truck, eating bad food and avoiding showers.
Photography has provided me with some wonderful opportunities. At the top of the list are being a member of the Photo Cascadia team and working with Tony Kuyper, the luminosity mask pioneer.
I think my previous career as a science teacher makes photography education a good fit. I team up with fellow Photo Cascadia members leading workshops around the world, teach digital image developing classes, lecture and produce video tutorials.
I have always been a Canon user. I love the build quality, ergonomics and interface as well as the color science.
- Canon EOS R
- Canon EOS 5D MarkIV
- Canon EOS 5DS R
- Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM
- Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L II IS USM
I have been a f-stop gear staff pro since 2011 and love their bags!
- f-stop Tilopa – The ultimate adventure camera pack.
- f-stop Lotus – A slightly smaller version of the Tilopa.
- Colorado Tripod Co – Centennial Tripod and small Highline ball head.
- Gitzo Series 4 and BH-55 Ball Head
- Really Right Stuff TFC-14 travel tripod with a BH-40 Ball Head
Hardware & Software
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe Lightroom Classic
- TK Panel.
Down jacket, Gore-Tex jacket, first aid kit, coffee thermos.
I’m never more connected to the landscape or living more ‘in the moment’ as when I’m photographing.