I’m Sara Clausnitzer, a 3 legged Thing Pro Team member and an interior & real estate photographer based just west of Toronto, in Hamilton.
I started shooting real estate 4 years ago and interiors less than a year ago when I left a photography contract with a virtual tour company to start my own business. The perfectionist in me wanted to be able to spend more time setting up my shots, taking my flash off camera to have better control in my lighting and having flexibility with my schedule.
Photographing interiors for designers or builders allows me to slow things down. I shoot tethered to my laptop or iPad where I have the chance to review each shot on a larger screen; taking time to see anything that could be considered a distraction in the final image.
My primary camera is the Sony A7ii equipped with a Sony 16-35mm f/4 lens. I also bring my Sony A7 as a backup along with the 55mm lens. Once I start doing more commercial work, I’d like to invest in the Canon 24mm TS lens to act as my primary lens.
While I try to get as much of my work done in camera, my flashes allow me to fill in the shadows and/or focus my lighting on a specific region. Once I’m back home, I organize everything in Lightroom, manually composite my images in Photoshop and handle any final adjustments back in Lightroom.
What You See
• HP Spectre Pro 13” 2-in-1 Laptop
• Sony A7ii
• Peak Design Slide
• 3 Legged Thing QR11-LC
• Flashpoint StreakLight 360 Flash
• 2 x Flashpoint Zoom Li-on Manual R2 Flashes
• 3 Legged Thing Albert Tripod
• iPad Mini
• Xuma 11000 mAh Portable Power Pack
• Bosch GLM 30 100ft. Laser Measure
• Sony FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens
• Flashpoint R2T 32 Channel 2.4 GHz Manual and HSS Transmitter
• Romany + King Wallets to hold my MOO business cards
• Think Tank Cable Management 20 bag
• Think Tank Battery Holder
• Think Tank Pixel Pocket Rocket
What You Don’t See
• Trent Monopod and Docz (feet) by 3 Legged Thing
• Think Tank Retrospective 20
• Think Tank Airport Takeoff
• Nanuk 945 Case
• Neewer Carrying Bag
• Sony A7ii
• Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art Lens for Sony
• Extra Tripods & Umbrellas
• Batteries, Cards, Cables
Inside Sara’s camera bag:
You might also like ...
👋 Hi, I'm Mark! Improve your photography, get inspired & grow your business with the weekly Shotkit email from me :-)
🔎 Discover New Gear