5×7 prints are approximately 5 inches by 7 inches (13 x 18cm / 127 x 178 mm).
The sizes are written in the format: length by height, so 5×7 is for portrait (vertical) photos and 5×7 is for landscape (horizontal) orientation photos.
A 5×7″ print will fit a wide range of standard photo frame sizes, making the prints perfect for displaying on your wall or table.
5×7 glossy photo prints also look great in albums and photo scrapbooks.
What size is 5×7 in Pixels?
At 300 pixels per inch, a 5×7 photo is 1500 x 2100 pixels.
What is the Aspect Ratio of a 5×7 Photo?
A photo’s shape is technically known as an aspect ratio or ratio.
The aspect ratio of a 5×7 photo is 3.5:2.5.
4×6 vs 5×7: Which Photo Size is Best?
- 4×6 is the standard 3:2 aspect ratio found on most modern digital cameras, meaning your photos won’t need to be enlarged or cropped. If you want to get a print in 5×7″ size, you’ll need to use a photo editor to crop the image.
- Since they’re smaller, 4×6 prints are cheaper when compared to 5×7 prints, whether you’re printing at home or online.
- Cropping the image to fit a 5×7″ print means you’ll need to alter its composition. This may not be desirable, particularly if you’ve used the rule of thirds to compose your photo. With 4×6 prints, this won’t be necessary.
- Since they’re larger, a 5×7″ print may be more impactful than a 4×6 print. This depends on where you intend to display the photo.
- For albums, a 4×6 is generally the recommended photo print size to ensure you fit as many photos in there as possible! See also: how big is a 4×6 photo?
In summary, the decision between 4×6 vs 5×7 prints is up to you – there’s no right or wrong answer, so just choose whichever photo size works best for your needs.