Photo editing software such as iPiccy has been around for years, and it’s no surprise people still rely on it for quick edits and major projects.
Even I still find myself using it for casual image improvements.
Want to learn more about this amazing software so you can create your own designs?
Allow me to walk you through iPiccy’s features and photo editing processes.
Here’s the ultimate guide to using the iPiccy Photo Editor.
What Is iPiccy Photo Editor?
- No watermarks on the finished project
- Free Android mobile app and online version with no downloads required
- User-friendly interface with easy-to-locate tools
- No unnecessary ads while using the software
- Clear distinction between basic and advanced tools
- Allows image quality adjustment
- Has plenty of filters, effects, and other useful photo editing tools
- Not as feature-rich as professional software like Adobe Photoshop
- Advanced features may be limited
- Free version has ads & watermarks, can be removed with paid subscription
- Can be slow/laggy with large files
- May experience compatibility issues
- Selection tools and layer management can be clunky
iPiccy is an online photo editing software with an extensive set of basic and advanced tools for modifying pictures.
Previously it was flash-based, but now you can access it for free on the website or by downloading the app on Android and iOS phones.
The software dates back to 2011, when its founder, Alex Besechny, decided to create an accessible and innovative photo editing service online.
iPiccy also serves as a learner-centered tool patterned after the SAMR model (substitution, augmentation, modification, and redefinition).
What Are the Key Features of iPiccy Photo Editor?
iPiccy Photo Editor currently has over 100+ tools, photo effects, and filters to choose from.
Thanks to its straightforward and user-friendly interface, even beginners can create high-quality projects and hone their photo editing skills.
The software has a variety of features users can explore and use to make the best out of their pictures.
You also don’t need any background experience with photo editing to start using iPiccy to its fullest potential.
These are the key features of iPiccy Photo Editor:
Basic Photo Editing
While the core of the software is to allow users to enhance pictures with basic photo editing, iPiccy also has a few advanced features.
It may not be as extensive as other professional programs, but it’s enough to get the job done.
The useful basic to advanced tools you can work with in iPiccy photo editor include:
- Resize Image
- Rotate and Flip
- Crop Picture
- Auto Fix
- Clone Tool
- Erase Background
Creating collages is a fun way of compiling several photos in a creative template. While making a photo collage with an app isn’t such a daunting task, iPiccy finds a way to keep things simple while producing aesthetically pleasing results.
There are plenty of layouts to choose from, and each is fully customizable. You can easily adjust the size, ratio, roundness, and other elements of the collage for a variety of results.
Graphic Designing Tools
One of the best and unique features of iPiccy is having a specific section for graphic designing. The tools aren’t as advanced as other software available in the market, but it’s efficient for creating unique designs.
iPiccy’s Create a Design feature offers a lot of freedom for photo editors to be as creative as they want with their projects. Some of the graphic designing tools include:
- Adding text and applying unique text effects
- Vector masking
- Adding stickers
- Duplicating and editing layers
Add Effects and Filters to Your Photos
If you’re looking for some added pizazz in your photos, iPiccy’s wide range of effects and filters might just be up your alley. All of the tools are easy to use, and the intensity of each is fully adjustable.
It’s not overly complicated to apply the effects you wish to add. From softening the image to boosting its colors, the editing options are enough to keep you trying new things.
How to Use iPiccy Photo Editor
Photo editing can be tricky to learn, especially if the software has a messy interface and confusing tooltips.
Luckily, iPiccy boasts a simple and concise design for beginners and professionals alike.
Here are the steps for using iPiccy photo editor, depending on what project you’re working on:
Edit a Photo
- Open iPiccy Photo Editor’s website on your browser. You have the option to sign in if you have an account, but you can use its services without one.
- Click on Edit a Photo.
- Click on Open at the top part of the screen.
- Select My Computer if the image you wish to edit is in your files. Alternatively, you also have the option to source a photo from a web image, your webcam, or by creating your own.
- Locate the photo you want to edit, then click Open.
- Click on Basic at the leftmost part of the screen to open the tools for basic photo editing.
Make a Collage
- Head to iPiccy Photo Editor’s homepage and click Make a Collage.
- Select the collage template you want to use from the left tooltip. The available designs include the following categories: Basic, One big photo, Jigsaw, and Advanced.
- Once you’ve chosen your preferred template, click on Add Images, then Upload Image.
- Highlight the photos you want to use, depending on how many panels are available in the template, then click Open.
- Wait for the files to upload, then drag each photo to where you want to place them on the collage.
- Click on Collage settings on the leftmost of the screen to edit the collage’s spacing, roundness, size, and proportions.
Create a Design
- Head to iPiccy Photo Editor’s homepage and click on Create a Design.
- Click new and set your design’s size or dimensions. You can also choose the color of your canvas or make the background transparent by clicking on the box below the Canvas color.
- Click Create to apply the desired settings.
- Click the Add photo icon at the top right of the screen, then select Upload Image.
- Locate the photo or photos you want to use on your computer’s files, then click on Open.
- Use the tools on the leftmost part of the screen to edit your design.
Top 5 Alternative Software and Apps to iPiccy Photo Editor
Photo editing software and apps have become more popular over the past few years, thanks to the increase in social media networks.
If you’re looking for other alternatives to use that are as good, if not better, as iPiccy, here are my top recommendations and their pros and cons:
- Various powerful tools for basic to advanced photo editing
- Useful social media templates for easy sharing across multiple platforms
- 2GB storage for finished and ongoing projects
- Allows blending of multiple files using layers
- Workflows can be saved as templates for future projects
- Great app for those delving into graphic design
- The software can look intimidating for beginner photo editors
- Many features are locked in a Creative Cloud subscription
- Not convenient for editors working on multiple projects at once
VSCO: Photo and Video Editor
- Vast selection of photo editing tools
- Allows direct sharing to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Has a Grid community for users to share and view edits
- Various presets are available for photo editing ideas
- Clean interface that’s simple and easy to follow
- Doesn’t have a desktop or laptop version
- Advanced photo editing features are locked in a Premium subscription
- Has a steep learning curve for photo editing beginners
- Quick and easy to learn
- Cloud storage photo syncing across multiple devices
- Comprehensive file management system for tracking photos and files
- Presets available for easy editing
- Supports a wide range of image formats
- Requires a Premium subscription
- Limited sharing options
- Difficult to use in computers with low processing power
- Pre-design layouts for various applications
- Drag and drop functionality
- Beginner-friendly and easy to use
- Allows team access for shared editing
- Templates can be customized
- Lack of alignment features
- Limited template designs and stock photography
- Free version has limited features
- Can be used on iOS, Android, and desktop for free
- Various quality-grade presets and editing tools for ease-of-use
- Allows RAW file editing for full control over photos
- No annoying pop-ups or ads
- Can be used by amateur to professional photographers and editors
- Limited features and functionality with layers
- Social media sharing options can be complicated
- May not be as friendly to beginner photo editors
While iPiccy may not necessarily be the best photo editing software, it’s definitely one to consider.
It’s simple, has a lot of tools, and isn’t limited by subscriptions or in-app purchases.
If you’re a beginner trying to test the waters with graphic designing, this software is a great place to start.