These are the most popular photography keywords in 2023.
I’ve also included search volume and keyword difficulty based on the latest data.
Targeting specific keywords on your photography website can help bring in new traffic from search engines.
Table of Contents
100 Most Popular Photography Keywords in 2023
|#||Keyword||Difficulty||Volume (USA)||Global volume||Traffic potential|
|13||rule of thirds||66||41000||87000||7200|
|16||black and white||53||35000||215000||6900|
|20||depth of field||52||16000||39000||2700|
|23||real estate photography||64||13000||23000||7100|
|26||point and shoot camera||45||11000||28000||8800|
|32||still life photography||37||8400||36000||3900|
|56||fine art photography||39||3400||18000||450|
|93||remote shutter release||5||250||600||300|
How To Use Photography Keywords for Marketing & SEO
Photography keywords play a significant role in promotions, marketing campaigns, and search engine optimization (SEO).
By understanding and employing the right keywords, photographers and photography businesses can effectively reach their target audience, increase visibility, and drive more traffic to their websites or online portfolios.
Here’s how these photography keywords can be used:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Website Content: Incorporate relevant photography keywords in the content of your website, including the homepage, about page, service descriptions, and blog posts. This helps search engines understand the context of your website and rank it for related search queries.
- Meta Tags: Include keywords in meta titles, descriptions, and image alt tags. This can increase the chances of your website appearing in search engine results.
- Image Naming: Before uploading images to your website, name them using relevant keywords (e.g., “wedding-photography-los-angeles.jpg”). This can enhance image search rankings.
- Backlinks: Aim to get backlinks from relevant photography blogs or forums using keyword-rich anchor text.
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising
- Use popular photography keywords in your ad campaigns to target potential clients who are searching for specific photography services or products.
- Tools like Google Keyword Planner can be used to research keyword volume and competitiveness, helping to strategize your ad spend efficiently.
- Blog Posts: Write blog posts around trending photography topics or keywords. For example, a post about “Top Tips for Golden Hour Photography” would naturally incorporate a popular keyword.
- Infographics and Guides: Create content that provides value around specific keywords. For instance, a guide on “The Basics of DSLR Cameras” could target beginners searching for that information.
Social Media Promotion
- Hashtags: Use popular photography keywords as hashtags on platforms like Instagram or Pinterest to increase the visibility of your posts.
- Descriptions: Incorporate keywords in your social media post descriptions or stories to make them more discoverable.
- Use photography keywords in your email subject lines or content to grab the attention of your subscribers. For instance, offering a guide on “Top Boudoir Photography Tips” might appeal to a segment of your audience.
- If you create videos, use relevant keywords in the video title, description, and tags on platforms like YouTube. This helps in making your videos more discoverable.
- If you operate a physical studio, ensure your business is listed on Google My Business. Incorporate relevant keywords in your business description and posts to attract local clients.
Affiliate Marketing & Partnerships
- Collaborate with photography gear companies or service providers and use target keywords in joint promotions or content to tap into wider audiences.
Feedback and Reviews
- Encourage satisfied clients to leave reviews on platforms like Google or Yelp, mentioning the specific services they availed, such as “wedding photography” or “event photo shoot.” This can enhance local search rankings.
Remember, while using photography keywords is important, it’s crucial to use them naturally and avoid “keyword stuffing,” which can lead to penalties from search engines.
Always prioritize creating high-quality, valuable content that resonates with your audience.