Investing in one of the best TikTok lights in this guide will take your video content to the next level.
To stand out on TikTok, you need great lighting – simple as that.
Even if you’re shooting your TikToks at the best time of day (usually golden hour), an LED light will make you look 10x better.
So whether you choose LED strip lights, ring lights, or both, to get the best TikTok light, you need to be using one of the products below.
We’ve also included some tips on finding great lighting for TikTok and how to choose the TikTok lights that are right for your videos.
Let’s get into it!
Table of Contents
What is the Best LED Light for TikTok in 2023?
Lume Cube Mobile Creator Kit 2.0
- Easy to use
- Quality components
- Adjustable light
- Versatile TikTok lights
- Limited coverage area for larger setups
The Lume Cube Mobile Creator Kit 2.0 is a very simple set of accessories to help you use your mobile phone to create content.
It has a small, extendable carbon fiber tripod, which has a spring-loaded clamp for your phone.
The Lume Cube Creator Kit‘s tripod can also be deconstructed. You can take the main stem off to just have your phone sitting on its legs, or you can take the legs off too and use the tripod top as a small handle for handheld filming.
The phone clamp can swivel to landscape or portrait view, and you can also adjust the angle of its tilt.
There’s a Lume Cube Mini and a Rode mic, which both connect with shoe mounts to the sides of the phone clamp.
Also, you can easily adjust the brightness and color temperature of the light.
It’s simple, portable, and an excellent all-in-one kit for making content.
Inkeltech Ring Light
- Large ring light
- Easy to use and set up
- Remote control
- Good light stand
- Bulky and less portable compared to smaller lights
The Inkeltech Ring Light is an 18-inch dimmable ring light with adjustable color temperature and brightness that will help you get realistic skin tones.
You can control these parameters either manually, on the ring light, or using the wireless controller it comes with.
The Inkeltech Ring Light stand is sturdy and extendable, giving you a range of between 20 to 75 inches (50 to 190 cm).
With the ring light and stand, you also get a flexible arm with a spring-loaded clamp that allows you to put your smartphone in the centre of the ring.
Check out the video below to see this cheap TikTok ring light in use:
It’s a no-nonsense piece of equipment that is very quick and easy to set up and will have you ready to make Tik-Tok content in minutes.
FOSITAN 21-inch Ring Light
- Powerful ring light
- Multiple phone holders
- Remote control
- 4 USB ports
- Higher price point
This FOSITAN offering is a versatile, mid-priced ring light solution that’s very similar to the Inkeltech, just a bit larger, at 21 inches in diameter.
It has adjustable color temperature – from warm to cold – to help produce realistic skin tones on camera. And, of course, you can adjust the brightness from 10 to 100 percent luminosity.
It comes with three adjustable phone holders, so you can film yourself on multiple devices and platforms simultaneously.
At the back, as well as the controls, there are four USB ports to help charge multiple phones or other devices.
There’s a Bluetooth shutter control, too, for easy adjustments while filming.
Plus, the stand it comes with goes up to 75 inches (190 cm), so it’s good for tall content creators too.
Angler Bi-Color Ring Light Kit with Light Stand (18″)
- Can be powered at the mains or with a battery
- Good selection of mounts
- Highly adjustable ring light
- Very quiet in use
- Less portable
This Angler kit is a good pro solution for use with mobile phones.
It produces broadcast-quality, flattering, diffused light, with adjustable color temperature and brightness that’s adjustable from 1 to 100 percent, in 1% increments.
It can run on AC power, or if you’re nowhere near a wall socket, it can also be powered by NP-F-type batteries.
As well as the manual controls for adjusting the ring light on its rear, there’s also a USB charging point for your mobile phone.
There’s a ball-head mount to hold a DSLR or mirrorless camera in the center of the LED ring light, plus an extendable arm for mobile phones and other cold-shoe mounts to hold other accessories or other accessory-holding arms.
The LED ring light itself produces pretty much no heat, so it can be positioned close to whoever is being filmed and it’s very quiet in use, so fine for use in professional situations.
It also comes with a remote control, so you can adjust your settings without needing to approach the light.
And the stand it comes with is strong and extends from a minimum of 30 inches (76 cm) up to a maximum of 8 feet (244 cm).
Sensyne 12” Ring Light with Tripod Stand
- Quiet in use
- Doesn’t overheat
- Can be used with a variety of devices
- Portable LED ring light
- These TikTok lights are a little small
The Sensyne 12-inch ring light is ideal for filming and produces three different color temperatures and ten brightness levels.
These TikiTok lights are powered via USB, so you can power them with anything that uses a USB port, for example, a laptop or power bank.
It can be used with cell phones and DSLR or mirrorless cameras, and even projectors.
You can operate the TikTok lights manually or use the wire control. Plus, the lights come with a Bluetooth-enabled wireless remote that you can pair with your smartphone or camera.
They have a built-in bubble level to ensure you get your filming surface level and tilting light head so you can adjust the angle of incoming light.
Their tripod is sturdy and extendable to a maximum height of 51 inches (129 cm).
SUPERNIGHT LED Strip Lights, RGB Color Changing 16.4Ft SMD5050 LEDs
- Flexible TikTok lights
- Adjustable length
- Many colours
- Good for mood lighting
- Remote control
- Limited to ambient or decorative lighting
The SUPERNIGHT LED Strip Lights are an affordable strip light option and are great for content creators who are looking to spice up the look of their surroundings with TikTok lights.
They’re bright, with 60 LED lights per meter, and offer adjustable temperature and brightness.
Probably the best thing about them, and the thing they’d be most useful for, is the number of colors they can produce.
You can make the selection of those colors (and set their speed modes and other parameters) from the 44-key remote controller.
You can also cut these strips up to suit your needs and install them anywhere you want.
Stick a bit of self-adhesive tape to the back, and you can put them on any flat surface.
This colored light strip is a great alternative to having to mess around with colored gels, which have to be taped or secured to your lights.
- Good quality carry bag
- Easy to use
- Powerful TikTok lights
- App could be more responsive
- Bulkier than other best TikTok lights
This is a small COB light of the kind that can be used to light something like a film set.
And, considering how small and light (only 50g) it is, it really packs a punch.
It has a solid build quality, with an aluminum body that has a premium feel to it. Its buttons are tactile, and it comes with a Bowens mount adaptor (perfect for further accessorizing) and reflector.
It’s extremely easy to set up and use and, as well as being operated using its physical control, it can also be paired with a free app via Bluetooth – and from there, you can easily adjust the light’s parameters from a series of sliders.
It’s powered by a USB-C power unit, and the light is very quiet in operation and doesn’t overheat.
The COLBOR CL60 has adjustable color temperature and brightness, accurate color rendering (at an excellent CRI rating of 97), and also different lighting effects, such as lightning, SOS, and pulse, to help you get creative.
For a tiny package, these are quite the professional TikTok lights.
Neewer Professional Dimmable Bi-Color LED Video Light
- Portable TikTok lights
- Easy to set up and use
- Good color reproduction
- Can be powered through mains or battery
- Less portable for on-the-go use
- Bulkier than most of the other best TikTok lights
The Neewer Professional Dimmable Bi-Color LED Video Light is a simple, no-nonsense piece of equipment that would be at home in any Tik-Tok content creator’s home studio or in their portable kit for on-location shoots.
It’s durable and well-built, and the LED lights are bright and balanced, half for a daylight equivalent color temperature, and the other half for tungsten.
That balance allows users to adjust the overall color temperature between 3200 and 5600 Kelvin. And, with a CRI rating of 95, which is considered excellent in the industry, you can rest assured that the color rendering and reproduction will be faithful to real-life colors.
The housing tilts so that you can adjust the angle of the light, plus there’s a diffusion panel that helps to soften the LEDs.
These Neewer TikTok lights are also highly portable.
You get a carrying case for storage and transport and not only is the light able to be plugged into any kind of socket, thanks to its universal adapter, but it can also run on NP-F550 and NP-F970 batteries when you don’t have access to mains power.
It should be noted, though, that those batteries have to be purchased separately.
What Kind of LED Lights do TikTokers use?
TikTokers often use a variety of LED lights to enhance their videos and create unique lighting effects.
The specific type and brand of LED lights can vary widely, but here are some common options:
- Ring Lights: Ring lights are popular among TikTokers for their soft lighting and even illumination. They provide a flattering, well-balanced light that reduces shadows on the face, making them ideal for beauty and makeup content.
- LED Light Strips: LED light strips are versatile and can be used to add colorful, dynamic lighting to backgrounds or surroundings. They are often used for dance videos and to create visually appealing aesthetics.
- Softbox Lights: Softbox lights are larger, studio-quality lights that provide diffused, even lighting. They are useful for professional-looking videos and can help eliminate harsh shadows.
- Desk Lamps with Color Changing Bulbs: Some TikTokers use desk lamps with color-changing LED bulbs to create mood lighting or add a pop of color to their videos.
- LED Panels: LED panel lights offer adjustable brightness and color temperature, making them suitable for various shooting conditions. They are commonly used by vloggers and creators who want more control over their lighting.
- Portable Pocket-Sized Lights: These compact LED lights are easy to carry and can be used for on-the-go TikTok content creation. They are handy for adding a bit of extra light in challenging lighting situations.
- Rim Lights: Rim lights are placed behind the subject to create a soft halo effect around the edges, separating the subject from the background and adding depth to the video.
- Smart Bulbs and Apps: Some TikTokers use smart bulbs with smartphone apps to control lighting colors and effects remotely. These can be integrated into creative video concepts.
Ultimately, the choice of LED lights depends on the style and content of the TikTok video. Creators often experiment with different lighting setups to achieve the desired look and atmosphere for their videos.
Why are LED lights so popular on TikTok?
LED lights are popular on TikTok because they are versatile and affordable, and allow users to add dynamic, colorful, and visually appealing lighting effects to their videos, enhancing their overall production quality and creativity.
Is RGB ring light better than LED?
The choice between a standard LED ring light and an RGB (color-changing) ring light for TikTok depends on your preferences and the creative style you want to achieve.
Standard LED ring lights offer consistent, soft, and flattering white light. RGB ring lights provide color customization and effects for more creative and dynamic lighting.
It’s not a matter of one being definitively better; it depends on your specific content and aesthetic goals.
How to Find Good Lighting for TikTok Videos
@aronsogi How to use a Ringlight #ringlight #ringlighttipsandtricks #lightingtips #videolighting #videotips ♬ original sound – Aron Sōgi | Video Tips
While using one of the best Tiktok lights mentioned above is fine for most content creators, there are still some situations where you won’t need to use any artificial light source at all.
Finding good lighting for TikTok videos is essential for creating high-quality content.
Here are some tips to help you find and achieve good lighting:
- Natural Light: Whenever possible, use natural light from windows. Position yourself facing the window to evenly illuminate your face and surroundings. Soft, diffused natural light is flattering and ideal for most content.
- Golden Hour: The golden hour, which occurs shortly after sunrise and before sunset, offers soft, warm, and directional light that can enhance the aesthetics of your videos. Shooting during this time can add a beautiful, cinematic quality to your content.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight: While natural light is great, avoid harsh direct sunlight, which can create unflattering shadows and cause overexposure. Use curtains, blinds, or diffusers to soften and control sunlight.
- Experiment with Angles: Try different angles for your light source to achieve different effects. For example, side lighting can create drama, while overhead lighting can be artistic. Be aware of the mood you want to convey.
- Consider Your Background: Ensure your background is well-lit and free from distracting shadows. You can use additional lights or adjust your camera angle to achieve this.
- Adjust White Balance: Make sure your camera’s white balance is set correctly to match the lighting conditions. This prevents color casts that can affect the overall look of your video.
- Use Filters and Diffusers: Consider using diffusion materials or filters to soften and scatter light, reducing harshness and creating a more flattering appearance.
- Control Your Environment: Eliminate or control other light sources that can interfere with your desired lighting, such as lamps, overhead lights, or computer screens.
- Editing Tools: If your lighting isn’t perfect during recording, you can often adjust brightness and contrast during the editing process. Many video editing apps for TikTok offer these features.